Who you might be:
- A drummer who moves well
- A dancer who can drum
- An athletic individual with a great sense of rhythm
- Acting ability is strongly preferred
When: Thursday, May 4th 2023 – sign up 9am – 12noon
Where: Joyce E 10th Street Studios at 287 East 10th Street & Avenue A
What you need to know:
- Wear loose, comfortable clothes and boots/shoes with a hard sole
- No heels, sneakers, or taps
- Be prepared to move
- You do not need to have any material prepared
- Please be prepared to stay in the NYC area at your own expense through May 7th for callbacks
- STOMP is a non-union production – Equity and other union members not excluded
IMPORTANT: You must provide proof of having completed the COVID-19 vaccination series (including at least 1 booster shot) no less than 14 days prior to the May 4th audition date. Accepted forms of proof are limited to the NYS voluntary Excelsior Pass, or by presenting a vaccination card (or clear photo of a vaccination card) and photo ID.
- The audition will last approximately 30 minutes and will occur with 11-14 others
- The callback will be a 1-hour long session on a subsequent day
- The final round will be a 2-hour workshop
At the end of each step in the process, we will notify you if you will be moving on to the next round.
If you are offered a role, rehearsals will begin on Monday, July 3rd and continue through Friday, August 4th in NYC. You are responsible for your own housing arrangements in NYC.
Following a further casting cut in early August, rehearsals will continue in Brighton, UK from Monday, August 7th through Sunday, August 27th. Airfare, ground transportation, accommodations, and per diem will be provided for the UK rehearsal period in additional to the weekly salary.
U.S. CITIZENS MUST HAVE A PASSPORT VALID THROUGH JUNE 2024.
IF NOT A U.S. CITIZEN, YOU MUST HAVE PROPER DOCUMENTATION TO COMPLETE I-9 REQUIREMENTS (CURRENTLY HOLD A U.S. WORK VISA WHICH IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 2024 & HAVE A PASSPORT VALID THROUGH JUNE 2024)