STOMP AUDITIONS IN NEW YORK CITY
STOMP — The International Sensation is looking for extremely athletic men and women that have the appearance of late teens to early 30’s for the award winning shows in New York and the National Tour. It is a non-union (not excluding Equity or other union members) percussion/movement piece.
TUESDAY JULY 19, 2016*
THE ORPHEUM THEATRE
126 SECOND AVENUE (BETWEEN EAST 7TH ST. AND ST. MARK’S PLACE)
SIGN UP FROM 9 AM TO 12 NOON
*Be prepared to stay in the NYC area at own expense through July 21 for callbacks.
Hires must be willing to relocate to New York area at own expense.
• Drummers who move well, dancers who drum, and actors with these skills are ideal.
• Wear loose, comfortable clothing and boots or shoes with hard soles.
• No heels, sneakers, or taps.
• Be prepared to move.
There is nothing for you to prepare.
• Members of the present cast will teach you STOMP numbers.
• Do NOT dress up for this audition.
• If you’ve seen the show, you know the grungier the better.
• Hard soled shoes or boots are best—we need to hear your stomps.
THE AUDITION IS A THREE-TIERED WORKSHOP
• The first session lasts for 30 minutes. You will be on stage
auditioning with 11 to 14 others. You will be told at the end of that session if
you have a callback.
• The callback will be a one hour session on another day that week. You will be told at the end of the callback if you made it to the final round.
• The Final Round is a 2-hour workshop.
IF YOU ARE OFFERED A ROLE
Rehearsals begin on or about Monday, August 1st. You are responsible
for your NYC housing. Please notify us if you are not available to start rehearsals
at that time. This does not mean you won’t be seen and considered for future companies.
YOU MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR HAVE THE PROPER WORKING PAPERS AT THIS TIME.